Wednesday, April 25, 2012

$300.00 Scarf Dress for only $20.00

I went to City Creek Center last week for the first time and fell in love with that mall. Now I can't wait to be done with finals so I can get back to the mall and do some shopping for summer. While I was at City Creek I went into BCBG and fell in love with this dress...


Only problem was I could not afford the $278.00 price tag. :(
Check out the BCBG Inesa draped Scarf Print Dress HERE

That week in draping class it was a 'free drape' meaning we could make any item we wanted, so I decided to try and make my own version of this beautiful scarf dress. It was little more complicated than I had planned and there were a few hiccups along the way, but I forged through and this is the final result.
What do you think?

Front View

Side View

Back View (Sorry this one is semi blurry, but you get the idea)

Dress has a square yoke front neckline, wide-princess seam lines with draped kimono style panels, drawstring waist with tie.

I purchased this fabric at Hancock's, they also have it in purple and greens. This dress was headache to make but I love how it turned out and I think I will make it again in the purple fabric.


New technique I learned while making this dress:

Sewing with Bias Tape. Believe it or not I have never used bias tape before. I originally made an armhole facing, but it was bulky so I swapped that for bias tape.

Thanks for checking out this blog, hope I didn't bore you to death. 



Bow good or bad?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment..